Monday, July 19, 2010

Tossing vs Hanging

When I first started with Avon, I would use the What's New plastic bags (535077) to hang books on doors.  Another Avon rep showed me to use the same bag for tossing.  You just put the bag in sideways and push the extra part of the bag into the middle of the book.

I have been comparing my results and decided that I have better response from tossing.  
  • I get between 1 - 3 customers for every 200 books from either tossing or hanging.
  • When I hang, it takes about 2-3 hours to distribute 200 books and that's with my husband's help.  Now that I toss, it takes about 30 minutes to distribute 200 books. (I drive and he tosses)
  • When I would hang, I had to find a babysitter, so I couldn't do it every week.  Now that I toss, I can load the kids in the car with me and they don't mind. 
I can see the advantage of hanging, because you can try knocking on the door and increase your chance of response, but when it's still 111 at 6:00pm who really wants to go outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment